Microsoft Teams is a communication and collaboration tool that integrates with the many Microsoft products. It can help you stay connected with GGC employees and students.
Microsoft Teams gives you one interface for chat, calls and meetings, calendar, file storage, and collaboration. It’s part of the Office 365 suite of applications, so it integrates with other Office applications such as Excel, Word, and Forms.
Overview of Features
- Teams and Channels – Find channels to belong to or create your own. Inside channels you can hold on-the-spot meetings, have conversations, and share files.
- Chat– Participate in 1-1 or group conversations.
- Meetings – See everything you’ve got lined up for the day or week. Or, schedule a meeting. This calendar syncs with your Outlook calendar.
- Calls – Call (audio or video) using the app. No need to remember a phone number.
- Activity – Catch up on all your unread messages, @mentions, replies, and more.
How do you get to Microsoft Teams?
There are several options for using Microsoft Teams on a variety of different devices. Options include:
- accessing via a web browser
- installing a Windows version
- installing a Mac version
- installing a version for your mobile device
Getting Work Done with Microsoft Teams
All college employees have access to Microsoft Teams. It can be used to:
- facilitate 1-1 conversations via chat and audio/video calling (no phone number to remember)
- facilitate group conversations via chat and meetings (impromptu or scheduled)
- share and collaborate on documents
Teaching & Learning with Microsoft Teams
Microsoft Teams can be used by instructors to communicate and collaborate with students. Through the integration with MyCourses, a team that is connected with a MyCourses course can be created giving instructors and students their own space to communicate, share files, and participate in meetings.
Microsoft Teams Help
Employee-focused Microsoft Teams Help
- Install Microsoft Teams
- Login to Microsoft Teams from Windows Desktop Application
- Add Microsoft Teams Meeting Option to Outlook for Windows
- Optimize a Team’s Channel Posts, Announcements, and Replies
- Announce New Files when you add them to a Team channel
- Announce Availability of Shared File in Microsoft Teams Channel
- Create and Schedule a Microsoft Teams Meeting on Someone’s Behalf
- Change your Meeting Background during a Microsoft Team’s Meeting